I was browsing through my blog and realized it's been a really, really long time since I actually shared a gluten free recipe or even cooked, for that matter. Travel has taken up the majority of my time since last May. Here's a few travel stats before I transition back into reality, which I hope will include food blogging. My semester starts in a week.
I spent 40% of my time (101 days) since May away from home. That's a lot of beds and tents!
I took 19 1-way flights, all direct. Two round trips were for business, the rest personal.
When I wasn't flying, I was in a car (my, Dave's, or Dave's parents' Subaru Outbacks, plus the Westy) and drove to or through 17 states.
This is my 3rd weekend at my condo in Colorado (where I actually live) since October.
This is the first time I don't have a half-empty suitcase on my bedroom floor since June.
My calendar is kind of comical and I couldn't think of a spatial way to show it to you without revealing too much of my craziness. I accidentally showed my students my calendar for a few seconds during class and their jaws dropped. Anyway, here's a list of trips with links to pictures.
- May 13-16 Utah camping in the new Subaru
- June 21-24 Wisconsin Cassie Wedding
- July 4-14 Wyoming in the Westy, Yellowstone, Tetons
- July 22-25 Drive to NYC from Boulder, stop at Mammouth caves in Kentucky
- July 26-August 3 NYC, more NYC, moving in to NYC
- August 3-12 Wisconsin Nicolet Shores vacation with family
- August 30-Sept 3 Jersey Shore with Dave’s family
- Sept 27-30 NYC
- Oct 18-21 NYC
- Nov 8-11 Kansas City conference
- Nov 16-25 NYC for Thanksgiving and Dave's brother's wedding
- Dec 1-9 San Francisco conference (with Dave)
- Dec 19-Jan 1 Wisconsin
- Jan 1-9 NYC and New Hampshire skiing