Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wisconsin for a week

My trip to northern Wisconsin was great.  It was a nice distraction from the fact that I had just left Dave in NYC.  We had no internet, no phone service, just a phone card.  I was luckily able to call Dave from the phone in the pool area every night during his first week by himself.  The weather took a turn for the worst and after a record-breaking summer that was hotter than the depths of hell, the moment I got a chance to be on the water, temperatures dropped and it rained.  We got in a few days of boating and I tubed.  For some reason, I lack pictures from this trip, but here we go.
Aunties, Grandma, and my mom playing cards in the pool area.
 We did a lot of puzzle-making when it was raining.  This is our second puzzle.  The first one, of the Tetons, proved impossible and we quit.  This one was much more fun.  This is my brother.  He lives in Massachusetts where he's working on a PhD. 
Tyler and puzzle

Drinks + hot tub=happy women:  Cousin Jennifer and I
We played Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan about a million times.  From left to right:  brother, cousin Jennifer, me, cousins Michael and Ryan
Because I have no outdoor pictures of me the place, I had to grab this oldy but goody from 2009:
Huge fish with Afton

No comments: