Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fall 2012 Highlights

Since we left off, I've been to the Jersey Shore (Brigantine), New York three times, Kansas City, and San Francisco.  This is my first weekend in my condo since November 3rd!  Dave was at his parents house for hurricane Sandy and they were without power for well over a week.  I heard from him right after the storm, but had to wait a while before we were finally back in touch.  There were lots of trees down in his parents neighborhood and lots of ruined roofs!  The Rockefeller Christmas tree ended up coming from their county!  His apartment actually had power the whole time, but his work didn't.

Dave and I with his nieces and nephews at Brigantine Beach.
Oh my gosh, how cute is this?  I believe Gavin was 8 months old here.  Best baby ever!
Dave, Matt, and Nard gambled while Vicki and I went to watch the fireworks one night in Atlantic City.  Not sure how this fared in the hurricane.
Statue of Liberty from the not-so-long-ago flooded Battery Park
We had some NYC fun.  We went to a play about a dude with a big nose, went to the Philharmonic at the Lincoln center, and I finally got to see TWC site and the new Freedom tower.  I also got to see Battery Park after it flooded from Sandy.

A park in Dave's neighborhood

Rehearsal dinner gluten free dessert-- sorbet.  YUM!
I went to NYC for my fall break.  I had lots of fun sharing a kitchen with Dave's mom.  I made 15lbs of cream cheese mashed potatoes (5 too many!), a gingersnap crust pumpkin cheesecake gluten free, Aunt Darcy's stuffing, and gravy for Thanksgiving dinner.  She made just as much food and the other girls made the Turkey, more stuffing, and soooo many amazing pies!

Dave's last unmarried (1-year-younger) brother tied the knot the day after Thanksgiving. Rehearsal Dinner was Wednesday, Thanksgiving-eve, and we had such a fabulous meal with an amazing dessert!  Dave's brother and sister-in-law in NJ hosted Thanksgiving and the Turkey was made on the grill.  Best turkey EVER!  We had such a beautiful sit-down meal with much of the family who had come in from Wisconsin for the wedding.  It was perfect! 
Rehearsal dinner with Vicki (Dave's mom), brother Andy, and Liz, who were married in June.

Rehearsal dinner.  Dave borrowed this academic jacket from his dad. 

Groom, Bride, and Best Man all rehearsed!

Maddie being such a Turkey on Thanksgiving!

Brothers on Thanksgiving enjoying the hot weather and smoking the turkey on the grill.  Honestly, it is very difficult to get these boys to pose for a photo without someone being a goofball. (Matt, Dave, Andy, and Jake) (Jake is the dad of the adorable kids pictured above!)

Ready for dinner!!!
 The wedding was such a blast.  Dave was the best man and gave a really cute, funny speech. 
Congrats Matt and Allie!

Good lookin' crowd!

Fun in the limo on the way to the reception.

Cocktail hour!   Only coke for Dave, have to be ready for the big speech!

Dave with some of his WI aunties.

Dave with Grandma Nancy and Aunt. 
Dave and his mom.  I can't get over how amazing she looked in that dress!!!
The wedding was positively fabulous.  I've never seen anything like it!  We had a beautiful cocktail hour, then a three course meal that lasted well into the night.  In between each delicious course we danced!  It was so fun and I am so happy to have been able to attend this one, as the last brother's wedding was the same day I was in cousin Cassie's wedding.

A week after this, Dave and I met up again in San Francisco for a week-long conference.  We met up with many of our bestest friends who have moved away in the last year and had so much fun.  We took a day-trip to Muir woods and went on a 4 mile hike, then headed to Stinton Beach.
Hike in Muir Woods.
Red wood at Muir Woods

Stinton Beach, SF
We flew back to Denver and had a good 10 minutes before Dave had to board his flight back to New York.  I hate goodbyes!

Well, that's it, my semester in a nutshell!  School was crazy-busy and that's why I lacked posting for a few months.  More to come!

No comments: