Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Strawberry Sorbet

Strawberries are in season here in Colorado and that means I got some from my CSA, have some in my garden, AND couldn't resist buying some on sale at the grocery store!  Once I realized I had too many, I took the grocery store strawberries and made Strawberry Sorbet. 

To make this:

Strawberry Sorbet
Dissolve 1 cup of sugar in 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.  Honestly, this was way too sweet.  I would cut the sugar in half in the future!  Refrigerate.  

Once your sugar water is cold, puree a pint of cleaned strawberries in a food processor with 4 Tbsp lemon juice.
 

Add it to your sugar water and add 1/4 cup of Kyro syrup (corn syrup).  Mix this up with a whisk an refrigerate until cold.   

I use a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.  It has a cylinder that I keep frozen.  I start the ice cream maker and then pour in the strawberry mixture.  I usually let this churn for 15-20 minutes.  You can eat it then as softserve or remove it from the cylinder and throw it in your freezer until it is time to eat.  I think this would taste great with mint leaves as a garnish or as a strawberry-sorbet-gingerale float.  Today it was super hot outside and we enjoyed a scoop of this to cool us down!


No comments: