Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Snow

Last night it was pouring rain and we even had a tiny bit of lightning.  This morning I woke up to a few inches of snow!  I decided to make myself a latte before my shower, wandered into the kitchen and was shocked!  It was super heavy and our tree had a hard time with it since its blossoms just came out.  I went out and shook it off.  I was ready to spend my day playing in the snow, but remembered it was a school day and ran back inside to get ready.  It was nearly all melted by the time I got home and Denver had none.  :( 

Last weekend I went for a hike out the back of our neighborhood near the flatirons and everything was crispy!  It is DRY here.  A few pine trees had been blown over by the wind and lay there just waiting for a spark.  We are in a major drought on the front range and I am a little relieved that we got so much liquid in this last system.  Now we just need a few more! 



No comments: