Saturday, October 26, 2013

Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles

This morning I was in a fall mood and thought I would add a little twist to my Saturday morning waffle.  Dave sent me a surprise case of Bisquick pancake and baking mix a while back when it was on sale.  I used to use Pamela's baking mix, but this is almost easier to work with.  I was going to add pumpkin puree and the typical pumpkin spices, but realized I had pumpkin pie mix on my shelf!  I followed the waffle recipe on the box with just slightly less water and oil and added 3/4 cup pumpkin pie mix from the can.  I cooked it a little longer in the waffle maker than usual, as the pumpkin added a bit more moisture.  Once they were crisp on the outside, I gave them a taste.  Perfect!  With maple syrup, there was just enough of a hint of fall pumpkin flavor to make me ever so happy! 

Pumpkin Waffles



Pumpkin Waffles


1 comment:

Benet said...

Oh, that's such a smart idea! I never even thought to use pumpkin pie mix with waffle mix. YUM.

Also: Brent and I are super excited that you're updating again! If we can't go to cool places like NYC, Grand Canyon, Zion, and Vegas, at least we can follow along through you :) Miss you!