Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Food, alcohol, a flower, and a bird


 Here's a photo tour through the last few weeks of, well, nothing really.  We've been working too hard, sneezing too much, and spending a little too much time at home, working, but we'll get through it. 


 
I made cottage cheese from scratch and strawberries were buy one get one at King Soopers.




We ate hamburgers with Gorgonzola cheese, pear slices, arugula, and a balsamic-brown sugar drizzle.  I put these same ingredients on a pizza and it was fabulous.

Spinach Artichoke dip.  Yum!

I went to the liquor store and invested in gluten free beverages.  Thus far I only have the Julian and Mead left.
I made mozzarella cheese from scratch, this time getting my curd right!  Hurray!  You can see how it makes a clean cut.
A gallon of milk makes a huge amount of cheese.  This fresh moz was excellent. 
Dave baked braided Zopf bread.  This has more gluten in it than I care to describe.
We ate pepper steak, a recipe that reminds Dave of home.
Dave made a sani-snake when kegging his latest bear, a chocolate mint stout. 
Spring sprung.  Things are dry around here.  March is our snow month and we won't have any this year.
Meet Harold.  Harold is a sick bird that we've been nursing back to health by feeding him, giving him water, and protecting him from cats in our yard. 

No comments: