Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peanut butter chocolate pretzels

I'm still having some lighting issues with my food photography, mostly because I'm too lazy to find the white balance portion of the menu, and my lighting is really yellow, but I wanted to share this recipe with you.  We made these at a friend's house (Thanks, M!) and then I did it again at home.  They are so addicting!  The peanut butter portion just melts in your mouth, the Glutino Pretzels add a little salt, and the chocolate, well, chocolate doesn't need explaining.  These are fresh out of the freezer, which is just a way to set the chocolate, so they are a little dewy. 

I borrowed the recipe from twotinykitchens who borrowed from Foodaphilia :
Ingredients

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp softened butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar (maybe more)
3/4 cup brown sugar (maybe more)
Pretzels
1 bag  semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions
Combine peanut butter and softened butter in a large bowl with a fork or whisk, or in a stand mixer.  Add the sugars and mix to combine. 
Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the filling.  Roll each portion into a small ball, then sandwich them between two whole pretzels.  When all the balls are rolled and successfully sandwiched, stick the whole tray in the freezer for about half an hour.
Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, stirring occasionally until completely melted.  Remove the pretzel sandwiches from the freezer and quickly dip each half-way into the melted chocolate.  Return to the tray and repeat with remaining sandwiches.  When all are dipped, return the tray to the freezer to set up completely.  Store the sandwiches in the refrigerator until serving time.



I used my silpat to prevent sticking and cleaning.
Look for this red bag of gluten free pretzels at your grocery store!  Most gluten-eaters can't tell the difference. 

1 comment:

Patti said...

oh my this sounds delicious and easy.