Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dirt Balls

Remember dirt cake?  Why not take dirt cake and cover it with chocolate?  This was my Valentine's Day treat for my chocolate-lover.  These were so sloppy to make, I probably won't make it a regular thing.  They were delicious, though!  In fact I caught someone sneaking them from the fridge a few times when he thought I wasn't looking.

Dirt Cake
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
2.5 cups milk
1 package cool whip
For a richer version add 1/2 package softened cream cheese
For a richer version add 4 Tbsp softened butter
1 package gluten free oreos  (I like Kinnikinnick's K-toos, but Glutino makes some too)


Start by making the puddings with the milk in your mixer.  After 3 minutes, add cool whip.  Be sure your cream cheese and butter are very soft and add it to the pudding.  Mix while you crush the oreos and add to the mixture. 

Separate into ~1 Tbsp+ balls, freeze them on a silpat (or nonstick cookie sheet) for about 30 minutes, then dunk them into melted chocolate chips and refrigerate them until treat time.  

Dirt Ball. 
Dirt Balls.
Dirt ball.
Luckily, there was lots of leftover dirt. 

Dave got me this adorable ducky tea steeper for Valentine's Day!  His little holder is on the right.

No comments: