Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home Brew

Dave has been making his own beer for a while now.  Here's a few pics from Easter when Dave brewed his latest batch, a cream ale.  Apparently it was a huge success!  I even put some in my mouth, swished it around, and then spit it out since beer is not gluten-free.  It tasted pretty good, but it smells amazing!  I smell a lot of beers, people.  It looks like I'm helping in these pics, but I will be the first to admit that I played very little role in this whole process and I'm totally impressed at all of the planning that goes into one of these deals. 

We also make mead and ciser for me.  These are honey wine and cider-based honey wine.  Yum!  We've got a batch waiting to be done on that end as well.  

Cooling down the beer before it goes into the carboy by running it through this hose system, which has hose water on the outside of the beer hose cooling it down.
 
Bubbles!  A successful bottling!
 There's an even more amazing DIY project that Dave has in the works that I can't wait to share with you! 

2 comments:

Pat said...

OMG He is his father's son.

Keah S said...

Exactly!!!